New Years Resolutions

Ah, the new year. I look forward to this time, it's a wonderful way to just refresh and start again. The new year brings hopes and anticipations and of course, resolutions. We all make them, every year, same old same old. "Fitness" "Being a better me" "Working on relationships" whatever they are for you. Then and soon as January passes, we let them go slack. Well, I personally have made it a pointed determined decision in my mind to NOT do that this year. I AM going to stick to my plans and resolutions. Yes, yes, I know we all say that every year too. "This is going to be my year!" yeah yeah yeah. Well, I want to give you a few practical ways to actually stick to your goals this year.

1. Expect difficulty. This sounds easy, right? But one of the main reasons we give up on our goals so quickly is we screw up once and then give up on the entire resolution. For example, say I want to eat healthy this year and then I go and have a total cheat day and eat junk the entire day. Then I'd be so frustrated with myself that I'd just give up on the whole resolution in general. DON'T DO THAT THIS YEAR. Period. Don't be that person. Don't let yourself give up because you run into a wall or because you trip. It's not the end. It's definitely not going to be easy, but expect that, keep pushing through and you'll be thanking yourself next year.

2. Give yourself a day off. A lot of the time, at least for me personally, we try to go so hard at the start of the year that by the time February comes we are just so burned out we can't do it anymore and therefore give up. Say you have a fitness goal for this year, whatever it is, don't be afraid to give yourself one day a week where you completely sit around and do nothing. Or say you have one night a week that's your spa night and you pamper yourself. Your body needs that time to rest and recuperate. Don't run yourself to hard and then have nothing left to give the rest of the year.

3. Sleep. I cannot stress enough to you how important sleep is for your health and mental health. If you are not getting enough sleep there is no way you can expect your body to do all these things you want it too. If you want to start getting up earlier this year to make the most of your time that's great but do NOT sacrifice your sleep for that. Make sure you are going to bed at the right times. And I don't mean going to bed and then looking at your phone for hours. Put your phone away from your reach, count some sheep and go to sleep when it is time. It takes discipline but you'll feel so much more energy if you get enough sleep. But do be careful not to oversleep, studies have shown that oversleeping is bad for you. Get just enough sleep. 7-9 hours is the typical person. But I find I run well on 7 1/2 hours. Find what's best for you.

So? Are you going to make your new years resolutions come true this year? I'm rooting for ya. We're all in this together.

Have a marvoulous 2017.

~Love Kimi

Comments

  1. That is truly inspiring. Thanks, Kimi. There's one thing I must ask you. Would you start vlogging soon? I hope you would, because your vlogs are great and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tips! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be at Peace with Yourself

Blanket Yourself in Love