And Now I Do What's Best For me

Today I had to make a hard decision that affected me and my happiness. I had been thinking about it all week and I just felt like I had to do what I knew in my heart I needed.  I've been going through a lot recently. To explain a little of my life so as not to bore you, I am an actress and a dancer and a crazy theatre person. I've been doing theatre with my independent troupe for nine years now, i choreograph our musicals and I directed our fall play this year. I also did a ballet in the fall and today I was going to audition for our one-act ballet that my dance studio does in the spring but I, needless to say, had a breakdown and just couldn't do it. I need a break. I knew I had been pushed to my limit emotionally and physically. I couldn't do it. And so even though I knew I might regret it, I made the decision not to do it. I didn't make a brash, all of the sudden decision. This thought had been weighing on my mind all week. I knew what I had to do and I felt like a huge burden had been lifted off of my shoulders. We all get worn out sometimes, and frankly I'm just writing this post to tell you that IT IS OKAY. We are humans, and we are breakable and we get tired and we need rest. So if you have a burden laying on your shoulders as you read this, I want to encourage you to put it down, let it go. No one is perfect, if we were I wouldn't be writing this. Sometimes we just have to do what is best for us even if it's hard. And please, please, whoever you are reading this. Don't ever be too hard on yourself. We all have limits. Don't worry if you reach yours. It's okay.

-Kimi

Comments

  1. You are right. It is good to know that I am not the only one. You see, I have been going through a tough time too. A lot has been happening, and I feel suffocated at times, and feel as if I shall never see the light again. Your post has given be hope. So thank you. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so blessed that I could help encourage you. You have a wonderful purpose in life, don't forget that. You shall see the light again. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be at Peace with Yourself

Blanket Yourself in Love

New Years Resolutions